Kaleji and Gurday
If you are a meat lover, this series is for you as you would not be able to resist this kaleji and gurday recipe. With the approaching eid and even after eid, people who love meat prefer new ideas to make their meals taste incredible.
I have been posting meat recipes for a while because the mutton and beef still exist in your deep freezers. You must have made karahis, pulao, etc., out of them, whereas I have posted some unique items for you.
This should have been the 1st recipe of all, but unfortunately, it’s the last one. In my family, kaleji and gurday are cooked often for lunch or dinner, not occasionally but quite often.
Here is a recipe for kaleji and gurday, one of my favorite meat items.
- Kaleji and Gurday = 1 kg
- 1 big onion (diced)
- Ginger (half piece)
- Garlic (4 slices)
- salt (according to your taste)
- tomatoes = 12
- shan kaleji masala
- green chilies (4)
- yogurt 1 bowl
- Blend onion, ginger, garlic, and tomatoes in a blender to make a paste. Put the paste in a pan and let it simmer until the mixture dries up.
- Meanwhile, the mixture dries up, fry the kaleji and gurday in a bit of oil till it’s tender.
- Add some oil to the dried-up mixture and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and shan masala to it and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the cooked kaleji and gurday and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Keep stirring it so it doesn’t stick on the pan.
- You don’t need to add water, as the tomatoes would be enough to make spicy gravy.
- Now blend the green chilies and add them to the yogurt in a bowl.
- Serve the delicious kaleji gurday with naan and drinks.